We have recently entered a really uncertain time in our lives. It has been a really worrying and emotional time for many, all for many different reasons but with the same underlying cause – Coronavirus. We have our inspirational NHS workers, carers and other key workers working around the clock to help provide and care for those affected. There are also those who are quietly at home not knowing what to do and wondering what’s going to happen.
Many of these individuals are wondering what’s going to happen in their working lives. They may be on furlough, facing possible redundancy when we come out the other side, reassessing their values in life or thinking it is now time to follow their dreams and do something different but unsure how to go about such career changes.
For five days at the beginning of lock down, I gave away my eBook, ‘The Tea Model: Slowing down in a fast-paced world to find the career you love’ for free and had over 700 downloads. This tells me there are many people worried and anxious about their future careers.
If you are feeling worried or anxious, that’s okay. You are allowed to feel this way. Things are tricky at the moment. All I want to say is once you feel ready, I really hope you can use my career resources and coaching experience to help you move forward:
- My website has lots of free career resources and videos for you to browse through at your leisure.
- I have written lots of articles on my blog. Make yourself a cup of tea and have a read.
- Read some of the Inspirational Career Change Interviews on my website. These are true stories from individuals who made successful steps towards building satisfying and fulfilling careers. They have kindly shared their stories to inspire you if you are struggling with your career. They want to reassure you that you can find a career you love.
- If you haven’t already done so, grab a copy of my book ‘The Tea Model: Slowing down in a fast-paced world to find the career you love’. My book provides a structured process for planning your career. It includes career coaching exercises to help you discover and pursue a satisfying and fulfilling career.
- Contact me for a free career coaching consultation. We can have an informal chat about how career coaching can help you.
I have 10 years experience of coaching and have won awards for my services, including most recently ‘Recognised Leader in Career Coaching Services UK, 2020’ by CV Magazine. If you want to hear more, have a read below about what one of my fantastic clients said about career coaching.
‘My career was not moving in a positive direction, and I had been feeling unhappy after two redundancies I experienced in less than one year. And whilst the redundancies were out of my control, they were a further negative impact on advancing my career, so thought that career coaching would help me see things more clearly.
Working with Tessa was far more than I thought it would be. I am still a work in progress, but she helped me see some underlying patterns of thinking that were having a negative impact on my moving forward. She also provided me with a systematic process of looking at career options and how to move forward to achieve them. I have found a new role with a great company and I am studying in order to bring about the change I want to see in my career. I also feel more confident that I can better handle any bumps in the road…and there are always bumps in the road!‘
Kate G, April 2019
It’s okay to feel stuck, it’s okay to feel anxious, it’s okay to feel uncertain. If you have no idea what to do, that’s okay too…..I have been there too (read about my career change journey here). A little bit of guidance (or a lot of guidance!) may be just the thing you need to help you move forward and start making positive changes as we navigate these uncertain times together.