Success doesn’t come to you… you go to it. (Marva Collins)
As Christmas approaches, our minds start to wander into next year. Whilst reflecting on 2014, we think about what we would now like to achieve in 2015. Perhaps you didn’t achieve everything you set out to achieve in 2014 or you may still have some important decisions to make in specific areas of your life. Whatever your situation may be, is it now time to put an action plan in place to enable you to achieve what you want to achieve in 2015?
An action plan can really focus the mind and help you to put small steps in place to enable you to achieve your personal goals/objectives in life. These goals may be solely focused on your career or cover all aspects of your life.
Here are some action points to help you start planning:
- What are your objectives?
- How are you going to achieve your objectives? Think about this in detail.
- How would you rate your commitment in achieving these objectives on a scale of 1 – 10 (anything less than 8 may need your further attention!)?
- How realistic are your objectives on a scale of 1 – 10?
- By what date do you want to achieve your objectives?
- When will you review your progress?
By putting a plan in place, your dreams can start becoming a reality.
Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only standing still.